Monday, September 22, 2014

3 Weeks Down!

I don't have much of an update but I did just get home from my 3 week check up. It's really encouraging knowing that I have 3 weeks behind me! I can't thank y'all enough for all of your prayers, cards, calls, and support! There are still three main things in which I would ask for your prayers.

First off for my lungs. The doctor did a chest X-ray today, and nothing has changed. The lower portion of my left lung is still collapsed. The doctor still has me on my incentive spirometer every 30minutes with hopes that it will inflate soon.

Secondly my for incision. The over all cleanliness of it is looking much better. The doctor said he believes the infection is cleaning up some. However the opening of the incision it is growing in size. My doctor set an appointment up with a plastic surgeon hoping that he will have some ideas on how to close the hole or at least prevent it from growing any larger. I will meet with that doctor on Wednesday.

Lastly the doctor still has some concern with my blood pressure. I am still having anywhere from 1-10 episodes of low blood pressure, nausea, and near passing out per day. I am on 2 blood pressure medicines currently, but the doctor lowered the dosages on them today in hopes that it will help. The medicines are necessary due to the nature of my surgery, however he is thinking that they are lowering it to much and it is causing the problem. He sent me home with a blood pressure machine to check it a few times a day and see if anything changes.

Other than those things everything seems to be healing up well. I am still struggling with sleeping at night due to back pain but it is getting better.

As far as Kiribati goes the church is going well, God is blessing and they are growing. Please continue to pray for the church as well as the missionaries there. I cannot wait to be able to serve with the Daku family! The doctors said I should be able to leave in 6 months!

Thank you for all of your prayers and support!
Preparing to serve Him on the Equator,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment