Wednesday, September 24, 2014

From the plastic surgeon

Just got home from the plastic surgeon! He removed the sutures from my chest (it felt so weird when they came out!). But anyways, we believe to have reached some what of a break through concerning the reason behind my incision opening! This is a huge praise because we have been constantly asking why and not getting any answers!

After removing the sutures the doctor explained that there is 1 of 2 things happening. Either my body was rejecting the sutures, or my body is rejecting the wiring in my sternum. I have a follow up appointment with that doctor next week. If it was indeed just the sutures my body was rejecting then by next week there should be a significant difference in the healing of the wound. However if there is no change then we will proceed to having a CT scan done to check the wires and my sternum. If it is indeed a problem with the wires then it will not heal until they are removed in which case I will need to travel back to Minnesota to have that taken care of.

Yes it is indeed a lot to take in! However it is a break through on why all of this is happening and for that I am praising the Lord! Do I want to have to be opened back up again most certainly not, however I know the Great Physician I know that He has a plan through it all! If His plan involves my return to Minnesota and an additional surgery then I am ok with that. I will rest in His arms knowing that He has a greater purpose for all of this than I can every imagine! I know this because He said that for the His names sake He allows things to happen in our lives. But He also says He will never leave me nor forsake me. This new turn is for His names sake, He wants to use me, I may not enjoy all of what I go through during that time, but He will be with me through it all!

Thank you for your continued prayers!
I am praising the Lord for this new break through! And I am also praising the Lord that about 5 days ago I took myself off all my pain meds and have only taken on pain pill since then!

No comments:

Post a Comment