Thursday, October 9, 2014

Home again

Thank y'all so much for all of your prayers, texts and calls yesterday. I can't explain how much it helps in trying times to have those encouraging things. I got home yesterday evening. I am doing well my pain is pretty low which is nice. I havent actually taken any pain meds as of yet. I struggled with sickness from the anesthetic all yesterday and last night but that has mostly passed. My throat is pretty torn up from the breathing tube but other than that all is well.

Everything seems to have been successful. They removed the top wire from my sternum with hopes that everything will heal up normally now. The doctor said when he got in he was very thankful that they did not wait another day because there was a great deal of build up and fluid around my sternum. He believes that if I had waited even one more day it could have gone into severe infection.

Today I am on "bed rest" which is driving me crazy but I am very thankful for my sweet little brother who is taking such wonderful care of me. I can't imagine where I would be without this kid he has been my right arm these past few days. I cannot wait till my parents are home tho! There is nothing quite as good as having my sweet mama here with me.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. I have a follow up appointment next Wednesday, I will update how that goes. 

Please don't forget to keep the Daku and Snyder families in your prayers as well as the I-Kiribati people. 

Candace 

No comments:

Post a Comment