Monday, January 12, 2015

Apologies and Updates

I must start off by apologizing for my lack of communication recently. I have no real excuse, I was simply waiting on a time that I would have more information to give. I had this great plan to wait until I had all the new information concerning my new leave date etc. before posting again. I must apologize for the long wait and the fact that I still do not have all of that information. However I do have some things to update you on and I am excited about them!

Concerning my Health:
God has been faithful (as He always is) with the matter of my health. Yes I indeed had a rocky road of recovery but since my wire removal surgery things have been getting better every day! I am growing stronger physically as I go through cardiac rehab. It is a bear to go through, but all the while I am struggling and often wishing I did not have to do it I am reminded to be thankful that I have the ability to do it. You see its been 7 months since I was told I would not live another year. 6 months ago I could see my health began to drastically deteriorate. 5 months ago the Lord allowed me to have a series of surgeries to correct the problems that would soon take my life. And when I am reminded of how God brought me through that it makes it so much easier to go through therapy. February 4th I will go to Cincinnati for my 6 month post surgery check up. I am very confident that it will go well but I do ask that you pray for the upcoming appointment.

Concerning my Internship:
Things are beginning to fall back into place for the internship. I do not have all of the information as to some of the changes but I will share with you what I have. My official leave date is April 23rd, at that time I will fly out of Dallas, TX to begin my journey to Kiribati. We are working on securing a flight in order for me to get to Dallas and when I have one I will share that with you as well. There have been many changes concerning the financial end of my internship. I do not have all of the information concerning the changes but here is what I do have. Due to my existing health problem I am now in need of securing Emergency Evacuation Insurance. This is not something to be alarmed about it is merely a precaution that I must now take. The second big change is that of a tax change in Kiribati. I do not have all of the information as to how this will change my cost of living and such as of now but it will most certainly change my support levels.

As these things begin to come to light and I have more concrete information I will share them with you. Prior to this I was near 95% of my needed support. I do not know where I will stand after these new things come to light but I know I will be in need of more support. I know that God will provide these things as He promises in His word to provide for our needs, however I ask that you pray with me concerning these new financial needs. Pray that God will open doors for new supporters.

In Romans 10 Paul speaks of his hearts desire to see should come to Christ. Now more than ever my hearts desire is to see the I-Kiribati people come to know Him. God is using the Daku and Snyder families in a great way to reach those people and I am so honored that He chose me to have the opportunity to join them in His mission.

There are two areas where you can support me right now in reaching the I-Kiribati people. Firstly, would you consider supporting me financially on a monthly basis for ten months or with a one-time financial gift. Secondly, I need prayer partners who will intercede both while I raise support and am in Kiribati. Thank you for your support in these two areas. 

If you choose to support me financially please make all checks out to First Baptist Church and put Candace Cook in the memo/for line as well as whether this is a one-time gift or a monthly basis.
Please send this page with your support check to:

First Baptist Church
1367 Woodville Pike
Milford, OH 45150

Thank you so much for all of the love and support you have shown me.
Preparing to serve Him on the Equator, 
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment